Dynamic global Agency for promotion of excellence in development of leather value chain.
To provide leadership and policy direction in regulation, production, processing and marketing in the leather industry so as to promote equitable development and poverty reduction.
To promote, regulate, direct, harmonize and coordinate and harmonize all activities in the leather sector.
Goal 1: Value addition and quality assurance
Goal 2: Market development
Goal 3: Research and development
Goal 4: Resources and infrastructure development
Key Strategic Objectives
- Facilitate excellence in the leather industry.
- Enhance leather sector infrastructure.
- Promote leather processing and product manufacturing.
- Promote leather marketing.
- Promote, direct, coordinate and harmonize all activities in Kenya’s leather sector
- Oversee the licensing of the leather sub-sector
- Advice the Minister and Government of Kenya on national strategies and policy with respect to the leather sector
- Undertake research and development activities;
- Organize and supervise capacity building in the leather sub-sector
- Set standards and enforce compliance in collaboration with other relevant institutions
- Collect, store, analyze and disseminate data on leather sub-sector
- Mobilize technical and financial support for the leather sub sector
- Enhance internal and external marketing strategies
- Perform any other function as the Minister may consider necessary.